I get so emotional!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ministry of Bad Behaviour!












































Its official ... I have ended my favourite decade! I loved being in my twenties but time marches on and I am glad to say I heralded in the new decade with my favourite music and my favourite pastime! It was certainly a night to remember, coupled with the good and bad. And here it is:

The good:
1. Took an mrt to raffles place and paid only 2.50 instead of the blessed $15 I would have had to pay if I took a cab. Walked automatically towards boat quay (after not taking a train for 6 years) thanks to the multitude of times walking to Riverbank, then kilimanjaro, then rootz and who can forget bloody shah alam for midnight nasi goreng mata lembu.

2. Lovely dinner of pizza and pasta with the girls - gossiping, recalling, reliving and remembering.
3. My fat top borrowed from tuff after driving to the west to get it!
4. Cover charge of only 12 into MOS...we were all so happy. I thought as we got older we would have more money?
5. The drinks - cosmos, sex on the beach shots, champagne and a much needed coke thanks to laura!
6. The MUSIC - 70s and 80s! That DJ played non stop fantastic music. Tuff and I could not leave the dance floor and the DJ kept shaking his head in awe at us for knowing the words to every song that came on!When he played Electric dreams we all almost died!
7. The dancing! Dancing with tuff, deb, laura, mel, gill and regina made me feel like I always do! 18 years old!

The BAD

1.Dear Edward stayed at home to take care of caitlin who had a fever.
2.May was missing! She was doing a Donna Summer and working hard for the money!
3. The bloody awful hangover that lasted for 2 days. I was tired, sleepy, legs ached, bad headache and queasy stomach, no voice. No more champagne for me! I have never taken so much panadol in my life!

So its quite obvious the good outweighed the bad and I loved it! Thanks girls!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger deb said…

    I had a great time!

    "we'll always be together in electric dreams!"

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a great time too! My bloody body was aching the next day because undoubtedly out of everyone, I danced the most!

    The scruffy DJ wasn't that great (although he did play "Stomp") but the second one was the bomb and he knew it! Carribean Queen! Come on!

    The crowd wasn't that young - although there were the people there just to be there, not so much knowing what the music was.

    And that French guy was annoying! Combine a French accent and loud music and you have a bewildered me, not knowing what the hell he was saying and making it up as I go along. Finally, he got the picture.

    All in all, was a good time, side stitches and all.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    "We'll always be together however far it seems!"

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Girls - I am down with a throat infection and am at home; it's raining, and I will have lunch with Oprah! Glad to hear you gals had a great time. Kwey chap on Saturday morning had to be abandoned, much to Jamie's disappointment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home