I get so emotional!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Through the years!


























































As some of you may know, a video was created for my auntie's 25 wedding anniversary. In the process of rifling through tons of photographs, I uncovered some of my sister and I when we were young along with my cousins marc and ross. Many were taken at my aunt's place where most holidays were spent - some sleepovers lasted up to 2 weeks! I remember being embarrased of these photos and looking at them now, I know why! Those glasses were the bane of my existence until contact lenses were permitted into my life. Things were never the same after that! What about the tucked in shirts, the dangling earrings and those "plastic smiles" (read - actually not in the mood to smile but will do so only for camera and photographic opportunities), the hair, oh the god forsaken hair of unruly curls, frizz at the side and on top, waves and bangs, , the braces and the oversized shirts that belonged to my mother or borrowed from em because we had no more clothes and wanted to stay some more!

Looking at them now, I also wonder what my daughter will look like - her face has already changed about 5 times in the last 2 months. Will she look like me, edward, our siblings, our parents, a mix or will she have the her own uniqueness and originality? Only time witll tell but as god is my witness, I make this promise to her and to all of you - she can rebond her hair anytime she wants.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    em said......
    those were lovely times, where
    you and Tuff were marc & ross' "sisters", and the stayovers at my place. Good good times. Hope Caitlin could/would experience the same with her aunties/cousins.
    As for hair,so far her's seems to be behaving, she can just borrow her Godma's straightener.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is amazing as to how much you and Noelle looked like your Aunties Di & Em when you were young! and your dad looks just like your papa.... the same kind eyes & warm smile! great to see these pictures.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Di Said..........Very fond memories of Tuff/Mish/Marco and Rossi........very close bunch, always having fun and how not forget the incident when Mish you were crowned Miss Universe by Marc.
    I am sure Caitlin will have her fair share of fun.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger deb said…

    hahahha! It's so Mish to be crowned Miss Universe!! Oh those pics!! All so cute la! We were all cute except maybe the hair and glasses were abit off.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Humiliating.

    Those were simpler times indeed... where all we did was bring Ross to see "Uncle Bob" at McDonalds and I always got stuck with the crappy toys! I so got bullied.

    And now look at us - all grown up - with a new generation starting already. Hopefully, she will have that same company of cousins. Barry better get crackin'!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home