I get so emotional!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

She works hard for the money! So hard for the money!






Well I am swamped with work. Not the its such a hectic day and I can't wait for it to be over swamped but a day by day, week by week swamped with work. I really look forward to the weekends although the mornings are now spent creating and preparing lessons for week. We are up to our ears that I have not been able to mark anything and my students are hounding me for their test results!

So in the spirit of work, here are some pictures of my best colleagues at work and of my desk. Believe it or not, my desk is one of the neatest in the staff room. The rest are piled high with papers and some can't even sit at their desk so they mark their stuff in the work room! Nevertheless, its these guys that keep my sanity around here! We are the most muti racial of the room and we gossip and bitch and complain all the time! I love it!

I have no idea how to put captions as many of you know I am technologically challenged although I can work all aspects of power point and publisher with my eyes closed! So I will give a no and description to my friends at work!

1. Guy in checked shirt is Shah - happily married, wife looks like bollywood actresss, great to talk to and has a gorgeous 6 month year old son.

2. Guy in blue shirt is Tafran - drives a subaru WRX, always joking, from St. Pats so talks like a eurasian and is great fun.

3. Lady in white is Christina - fellow complainer, gossiper and a great help for wrapping and designing anything pretty.

4. Lady in red is theng theng - in charge of time tabling (a meticulous hell of a job as there are 90 teachers with different schedules), has a baby girl and is very caring and kind.

So thats it for my week. Looking forward to a laksa dinner with hubby tonight, doing some investigation tomorrow concerning our obstetrician needs and making chicken chilli garam and a lovely soup for the weekend (thanks to edward whose new love is the vegetables uncle at our market.)

6 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger deb said…

    Hi Mish! At least you have nice colleagues! I'm lonely at work, the only decent colleagues travels all the time and we only talk via msn! But at least i have a nice new work area.

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eh can come over for the laksa and the other stuff you guys are cooking .

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    we NOT cooking man u mad fella

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh laksa.... I didn't get it even after edward called and explained...

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    Take pictures of your work area deb! I had many more pictures but somehow did not load on.

    The bloody Istanbul laksa ran out of the last 2 bowls when we sat down! I almost cried as I was craving it!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    MISCHA USE YOUR OWN NICK!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home