I get so emotional!

Friday, September 29, 2006

An ode to mummy and daddy





















































Last night my mum and dad came over for dinner and to play with their granddaughter. It was so exciting to see just how a smile from her made them so thrilled and enamoured. Caitlin however was not in the best of moods and was packed off early to bed!

I got to thinking however about just what great parents I have. When I say they are always there for me, I mean it in the complete sense. I think tuff and I cannot find a single moment when we needed help and they were not there. Its as if they have this inate sense of when we need help and there they are with food, milk, diapers, dinners out, massages and bibs! My mum and dad will still drive after a hard day's work to buy kway teow because I was visiting and they wanted me to have some! Only my dad will go to Ikea and buy paper napkins for me. And only my mum will still come with a treat for pepper and books for the baby. I love spending time with them, going over, gossiping on the bed, laughing and making fun of each other, flicking my dad's ears, trying to pull my mum's shorts down, eating with them and just being with them.

Because of them I have this enormous sense of warmth and security and it is so amazing to see that they still have more to give to caitlin, edward, jamie and even our puppies. So mummy and daddy if you are reading this, I know that as much as I will try, I will never be able to repay you for all the love that you have given but thank you so much for everything that you have done for me.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am reading this only today, Monday, and am moved to tears. Thank you, Mish; that was endearing and totally beautiful. I'm sure that Daddy will be thrilled as well.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bloody hell, am sitting here with tears in my eyes! Shit!

    Stop trying to steal my thunder!

    Last night, we had the prawns daddy bought for us, they were good.

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a beautiful post Mish. Becoming parents ourselves does make us realise how important ours are eh.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Mish,

    I just read your blog when I got in, yes I am tearing right now, I could not agree more they are beautiful parents always there for you, Tuff and Edward and Jamie and the list goes on.

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home