I get so emotional!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lunch with the Pereiras, dinner with the Machados
























































What a lovely sunday it was. Daddy being true to form had bought from his beloved meat man of Geylang market about 10 kg of steaks for 3 houses. So Edward and I decided to cook the steaks at our place and invite them over. So the pereiras (and 1 Telford) came to spend time with the baby, watch tv and stuff themselves, bearing a multitude of gifts which I shall list and show as representations of them!

1. Daddy with 4 big tins of Similac Infant formula.
2. Mummy with unidentified tendon and muscle plaster for my wrist, begging strips for pepper and an assortment of tupperware which I suspect they did not want and a calender with a picture of caitlin with us AND a dvd movie of pepper and Dolce. (damn free ma!)
3. Tuff with Heinz food for the baby and Tim Tam biscuits for me, a roast chicken and a mango sorbet ice cream.
4. Jamie with an ipod earphone gift for tuff and pretty much nothing else for us!

In the evening we shamelessly joined BIL and SIL and their kids for dinner at A roy thai. It was a lovely dinner filled with laughter and tears (yes, tears from the adults reminiscing over how fast Baba has grown) and an attempted drive to get cheesecake which was abandoned in favour of the kids sleeping early. After 9 months of being of thai food, I could not get enough of the Tom Yam Goong and green curry. Thanks guys, it was great!

15 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ya lah BIL and SIL u both were crying....quite shamful crying in public too.
    Lovely time over dinner.. pity about the cheese cake

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excuse me.... I brought her organic baby food.

    I couldn't even have the kid to myself with Dad or Mum in the background. I'm not sure if she liked me reading to her either. She just looked stunned. Pepper, on the other hand, was very intrigued!

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good food, good company, thanks! it's touching knowing how much Baba means to the both of you! now, I can only imagine the buckets of tears flowing once Caitlin starts school!

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mish, why oh why didn't you tell me that my powder shade does not suit me?? I thought I bought the wrong shade but the idiot at Clarins said it was the right one???

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    one thing to note abt the powder/foundation shade....
    normally in person, one would look okay as in the powder/foundation/concealer shade would look "natural" on the wearer
    BUT its a different thing altogether in photos...this I think could be the flash or something....trick is to apply and slowly bend it at the neck area. Oh how I miss PRESCRIPTIVES custom blend so much!!!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The shade of powder is probably right for you but all powders have tiny flecks of reflectors in them which shows up when the camera flash is on.

    Thus, I avoid flash photography.

    I have also cut out powder foundation altogether and use only concealer (my personal best friend) and loose powder.

    Stick to liquid foundation and loose powder if you can't shake off this problem - either that, apply powder foundation lightly and do not keep on touching up with it.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    Yes miss estee lauder!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's the bloody truth!

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    may i ask what's a powder foundation miss lauder?
    do you mean two-way cake??

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I beg your pardon, Tuffy! You were into the entire alphabet with the cue cards; and she loved your reading to her while she was in the bath tub. And yes, so did Pepper.

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for all the tips! will give it a try so as to avoid looking like a geisha! lol!

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    do now mock my tears bil i saw you crying too!!!!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whats with powder stuff, am i missing something ? frankly i didnt notice anything wrong babe... u look great.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    Looks like there's no wall between them! So sweet BIL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home