I get so emotional!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back from the far east!

So it's been an eventful 3 weeks needless to say, what with Caitlin falling sick 3 times in 2 weeks, me heading off to China with fellow HODs to learn about the school system there, falling sick and having to stay at my parents place so that I would not affect Caitlin again. I'm finally back home and able to blog about my experiences in China!

1. It was damn bloody cold! 7 degrees with rain that never stopped and made me all the more sick! We had to stand in the rain most of the time as these gracious teachers brought us around their schools. I know its hard to believe even for me but I had a cold for an entire week. It never left me and I felt like dying!

2.People in China are warm, inviting, polite and nice! Not a single person spitting and the toilets weren't that bad save for the rural areas where there were no doors!

3. The schools were great - students so disciplined that they don't need teachers for morning assembly, computers and the internet used for study and computer games are frowned upon, reading culture is prevalent among all students, all students in the class are sitting upright - engaged and interested and NONE of these new rich educated parents that complain all the time like we have in Singapore. The students love learning and it shows.

4. If you thought Italian drivers were bad, the Chinese are just reckless. They go past red lights (in the crowded shopping areas) and don't give a damn if you are crossing and have the right of way.

5. Li May and her mama were so hospitable! Took me out for dinner, brought me home to rest when I was sick and let me stay in their beautiful (yes gorgeous) apartment. Her driver took us everywhere we wanted to go, I bought lovely stuff from her shop and we had nice dinners! Thanks Loo Li!

I'm glad to be back home with Caitlin who is growing so fast and is now very naughty! Soon have to buy the rotan I think!

put your mouse over the photo to read the caption and then away for the next slide.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great pics Mish. Love the both the night view (from the hotel I guess) and the view from your girlfriends apt.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    em said.....
    nice photos, Mish. you look lovely. All those bags....
    beautiful.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    looks lovely, but better to be home :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home