I get so emotional!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The hardest thing that I have to do





















Well its official. I will be returning to work on Friday. After 5 months of a roller coaster ride with Caitlin, I can safely say that I will miss my baby girl more than words can say. We have spent almost every minute of everyday with each other, we have gone out everyday - shopping, driving, walking around, we have read together, played together, watched tv together and laughed together. She has changed so much in these 5 months that it crushes me to think of what I will miss when I am work when I have been part of so much. I know that it has to be done, I know that I love the adrenaline rush of my job but tomorrow when I walk out the door and leave her in the arms of a stranger, I know my heart will break into tiny pieces as I mentally say sorry to this unassuming innocent baby for leaving her, even if its only for a couple of hours. I know that I will be worrying every single minute if she is safe, if she is happy and if she is contented. I wonder if she will recognise me when I come home, whether she will love leni more than I or whether she will learn to crawl, speak or even hold her spoon all while I am busy moulding, developing and teaching other people's children. The irony of it all really makes me smile.

But it has to be done and with a heavy heart I have packed my bag, my computer and taken out my work clothes and I will be counting every single minute until I can get into my car, drive home and carry her in my arms again.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    em said.....
    dear mish, it is not easy. But on the other hand, when you come back from work, and she rushes to you or gets so excited when she hears your voice and smiles and laughs and want you to be with her non-stop........ that is also a lovely feeling.

     
  • At 2:51 AM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    Guess I have to take the advice from the working mothers - you and moo!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's so sad to read because you have articulated so accurately what we working mothers have felt. Just bring something small for her every day even if you have to pack one of her own toys, and let her await that surprise from you when you return. Ultimately, it will not matter because she knows who her mother is. And when she does show you that she knows how to put the spoon into her mouth, for you, it will still be "the first time". Good luck!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    she knows who her mummy is.

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger deb said…

    Don't worry Mish! Caitlin will be fine! Look at all of us, we turned out just great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home