I get so emotional!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Birthday season Part 2
















































































































Well it has been a sad week for Edward and his family as they have lost someone special. So I contemplated for a long time if I should post this blog. Then I got to thinking that the reason why they are so sad and why we are sad when someone leaves us is because most of us are part of very close knit families. I have met many colleagues who only meet their families during reunion dinner or christmas. Some only see their children on the weekend as they are too busy over the week to take them home. So personally I am glad and eternally grateful to be part of not 1 but 3 families that love me, pamper me and take care of me, make me laugh everytime we meet and probably is the most important catalyst to my being happy on a daily basis.

So what you see here is my Oliveiro side - my mother's side - Nicole's and my nan's birthday.
We always laugh when we meet and we have great conversations about anything under the sun! Nicole's party was filled with noisy convent girls (aren't we familiar with that), two lurking boys who probably wanted to tangkap one of them, good food, one very fat but tame cat and one oversized and not so tame golden retriever.

The man of the match so to speak had to be Corey. At 17, this young man greeted every single person at the door, served and topped up drinks for everyone the entire night, checked that everyone had water at dinner, made sure we were comfortable and still had time in the afternoon to take his sister to the Esplanade for a treat at the chocolate bar. And he could keep up intelligently with all our conversations that ranged from ancient history to books. I was in complete awe watching him!

My nan's party was filled with yummy hawker food bought by my parents and fiona, coffee birthday cake brought by Edward and myself, beer - brought by Roger (albeit very late) and dessert brought by auntie Asiah. We ate, we talked some more, became confused at nan's packing of food techniques and logic and then we all dispersed.


5 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger doomed_troll said…

    i had a great time with the ollies as always.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks like a fun & cosy get-together!

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    Yup it was great! The birthday season continues! Mikey next!!!

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nothing planned for that poor kid!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Tempest23 said…

    Macs at East coast? He can play in the park and then at the beach as well?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home